GLS Legal Dept Service Charter™
Service levels and standards for your in-house legal dept.
You do not have an agreed service protocol in place with your internal client.
Related challenges include:
- the lack of clear service levels exposes you to unreasonable client demands
- you seem to operate on a FIFO basis making “efficient” resourcing a challenge
- a hard-to-please internal client who just asks for more with ever increasing regularity
- lack of rules of the road around reasonable turnaround times -vs- client expectation
- no formal rules / guidance around how the business should engage with the legal team
- no limits on who can engage your team, and what for
- inability to defend criticism over responsiveness / turnaround times
- the business expects unlimited legal support in real time
- the business would like your legal team to run 24/7 – but it doesn’t
- your legal team has no guidelines on what’s expected of them by the business
- a lack of verifiable data to measure in-house lawyer efficiency and performance
Wouldn’t it be great if you could access a turn-key and cost-effective solution that defines the standards and levels of performance the business may expect from the legal department? Good luck finding that on the internet.
The GLS Solution
The GLS Legal Dept. Service Charter™ has been developed by former GCs to be functional, understandable and provide the basis for an optimised in-house engagement model.
In-house teams must be able to demonstrate their efficiency and effectiveness in supporting their business – and the GLS Legal Dept. Service Charter™ provides you with a tool to do just that.
GLS Legal Dept. Service Charter™ helps you define:
- the services your team offers
- the service levels you offer
- how the internal client should engage with you
- how feedback/criticism should be handle
- workload forecasting procedures
- frequently asked question scenarios
- issue escalation scenarios
- self serve client resources
Engaging with your internal client within a pre-agreed performance basis is a key feature of team transformation and allows for:
- superior client engagement
- superior resource management
- better lawyer workload management
- objective basis for performance assessment
This solution is a vital step in the evolution of your legal team from “old law” to “new law” ways of operating.
|GLS Legal Services Charter™:||a tool kit to help you establish your legal team's service charter - based around a comprehensive wireframe of what an actual service charter document should look like. The toolkit identifies common areas where a legal team should present its service level offerings together with user notes to help you define your requirements. The toolkit allows for a finalized charter to more efficiently emerge|
|Initial Consultation:||a 90 minute consultation session covering the importance of the service charter and techniques to prepare an enabling charter and other common challenging scenarios you might encounter and how you should approach the preparation of your service charter generally|
|Service Charter Business Case:||a short module of reasons that you can present to the Board/Owner as to why it is important that your legal team have an appropriately defined legal dept. service charter in place and the consequences of you not having the same.|
|Charter Preparation Support:||a block of 5 hours from our legal transformation experts to assist you in the preparation of your service charter|
Solution SLA Options and US$ Pricing
|Column one||Column two||Column three||Column four||Column five|
|GLS Legal Dept. Service Charter™ Toolkit||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Initial Supporting Consult||✓||✓||✓|
|Service Charter Business Case||✓||✓|
|Charter Preparation Support||✓|
|Price (excl. VAT)||US$3,999||US$5,499||US$7,499||US$9,999|
|Big Law Review||US Rate||GLS Cost||Minutes|
|Senior Associate||$640||$3,999||06h 12m|
|Blended Rate||$520||$3,999||07h 41m|
|Junior Associate||$400||$3,999||09h 59m|
GLS RPLV Legal Operations Score
This solution’s GLS RPLV impact score:
|Ease of Implementation:||Complex||Average||Easy|
|Productivity Leverage Profile:||Low||Medium||High|
|IHL Line Optimisation:||Single||Multiple||All Lines|
IHL Critical Function Optimisation Targets
This solution enhances performance across the following critical in-house functions:
In-House Legal: Critical Functions / Processes
GLS has identified 15 critical in-house processes/functions that are present in every world-class legal department. To learn what these functions are, their composition and how they interrelate to deliver efficient legal team performance outcomes - visit here.
Once your documents have been proccessed no more may be added. You will need to complete the checkout or refresh the page to start again.
Sorry, unfortunately document has more than 40 pages please send us an email with your documents attached..