GLS Legal Team Authority Mandate™
Let your legal team benefit from a clear authority mandate
The lack of an effective authority mandate can prevent your legal team from performing.
Related challenges include:
- few legal teams have established their authority mandates
- diminished/confused legal team authority
- ongoing internal confusion over the legal team's role
- inter departmental “authority” disputes
- difficulties in justifying dept. resource requirements
- efficiency driving authority delegation is not possible
- legal team personnel, roles and procedures lack authority
- diminished ability for legal to perform oversight role
- degradation of the positive role the legal dept. can contribute to the business
- you lack a “job description” against which your team can be fairly judged
- the notion that legal is “responsible for everything” can be an erroneous assumption
- the business does not fully understand what legal actually does
- employee performance issues are not helped by an unclear legal team remit
- documenting your required authority domain is not an easy task
- the inability to gain insights as to how authority in peer organizations is documented
- you are under pressure to increase your team performance
Wouldn't it be great to an obtain a comprehensive framework for a legal team's operational authority to help you prepare your own?
The GLS Solution
GLS Best Seller Critical Department Resource Transformation Essential
The GLS Legal Team Authority Mandate™ is a comprehensive toolkit to help your legal team establish an appropriate legal team authority that enables it to perform at world class level.
Derived from GLS' work with hundreds of legal functions, this toolkit provides a detailed model framework of the authority spectrum that a “world class” legal team would need in order to perform.
The toolkit allows you to quickly traverse the legal team authority spectrum to determine what is needed to enable your team, such authority points may include:
- a clear mission / responsibility statement
- the legal duties of the team
- primary function articulation (See also GLS IHL Operational Mandate™)
- primary mandate articulation (legal risk management, etc.)
- specialist role mandates (contracting, employment, dispute management, etc.)
- special project mandates
- global synergies & rationalization mandate
- legal operations mandate
- compliance management mandate
- legal team management
- external consultant management
- corporate management mandate
- reserved decision making
- key offices inside the legal team
- key team member roles & responsibilities
- the team's functional roles & responsibilities
- approved structure and reporting lines of the legal team
- how the legal team's performance will be judged
- recognized “value add” contributions
With legal teams under increased greater pressure to “deliver more”, it is increasingly important to ensure that your legal team has the Board/Owner approved “mandate” that actually allows it to perform.
Critically, a good authority mandate, approved by your Board, can remove an enormous array of distracting obstacles that your legal team needlessly encounters - resulting it far more productive focus.
If your legal team is under pressure to perform and transform - then the starting point must be to establish that you have the authority you need.
|GLS Legal Team Authority Mandate™:||a tool kit to help you establish your legal team's operating authority mandate - based around a comprehensive wireframe of what an actual authority mandate document should look like. The toolkit identifies common areas where a legal team should establish its required authority requirements together with user notes to help you define your requirements|
|Initial Consultation:||a 90 minute consultation session covering the importance of the authority mandate, techniques to prepare an enabling mandate and other common challenging scenarios you might encounter and how you should approach the preparation of your authority mandate generally|
|Authority Mandate Business Case:||a short module of reasons that you can present to the Board/Owner as to why it is important that your legal team have an appropriately defined legal dept. operating authority mandate and the consequences of you not having the same.|
|Mandate Preparation Support:||a block of 5 hours from our legal transformation experts to assist you in the preparation of your authority mandate|
Solution SLA Options and US$ Pricing
|Column one||Column two||Column three||Column four||Column five|
|GLS Legal Team Operational Authority Mandate™ Toolkit||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Initial Supporting Consult||✓||✓||✓|
|Authority Mandate Business Case||✓||✓|
|Mandate Preparation Support||✓|
|Price (excl. VAT)||US$3,999||US$5,499||US$7,499||US$9,999|
|Big Law Review||US Rate||GLS Cost||Minutes|
|Senior Associate||$640||$3,999||06h 12m|
|Blended Rate||$520||$3,999||07h 41m|
|Junior Associate||$400||$3,999||09h 59m|
GLS RPLV Legal Operations Score
This solution’s GLS RPLV impact score:
|Ease of Implementation:||Complex||Average||Easy|
|Productivity Leverage Profile:||Low||Medium||High|
|IHL Line Optimisation:||Single||Multiple||All Lines|
IHL Critical Function Optimisation Targets
This solution enhances performance across the following critical in-house functions:
In-House Legal: Critical Functions / Processes
GLS has identified 15 critical in-house processes/functions that are present in every world-class legal department. To learn what these functions are, their composition and how they interrelate to deliver efficient legal team performance outcomes - visit here.
Once your documents have been proccessed no more may be added. You will need to complete the checkout or refresh the page to start again.
Sorry, unfortunately document has more than 40 pages please send us an email with your documents attached..