GLS General Counsel Function Performance Report™ (Delivered)
A full report on the performance of your General Counsel function
Your general counsel function impacts all legal team functions and as such should continuously be optimised.
Related challenges include:
- to improve you must undertake a “current status” assessment
- assessing the head of any business function is never an easy task
- you need to objectively assess your own performance capabilities
- business transformation programs increasingly include legal
- you are/or will soon be subjected to KPIs
- objectively assessing your own performance is not easy
- you are not sure of what performance audit criteria to use
- you are not clear how your team benchmarks against peer dept
- finding time to conduct an audit comes on top of existing workloads
- you know good diagnostic tools provide actionable insights
- your team wants to do more strategic work but just cannot find the time
- constant busyness makes it hard to undertake efficiency initiatives
- as team pressure increases, so too does team member churn
- old style legal department management is no longer as effective
Failing to explore efficiency improvements yourself is a great reason for the Board to find someone to do it.
The GLS Solution
GLS General Counsel Performance Report™ (Delivered) is a fully managed bespoke reporting solution that objectively, fairly and honestly assesses the current performance levels of your general counsel office and provides practical recommendations on how to achieve powerful performance improvements.
Transforming the performance of your general counsel function requires understanding your current position. This report provides a data-based report on how efficiently your general counsel function is performing and benchmarks it against best practice.
With a particular focus on common potential inefficiency scenarios, in light of benchmark data, we are able to identify practical productivity optimisation strategies – with an emphasis on what is practical and what is known to work.
Our comprehensive diagnostic modules are deployed to your internal stakeholders via desktop surveys that generate thousands of data points – along with selective 1-hour long key stakeholder interviews.
The performance criteria against which our report is prepared is that of a world class “performance optimised” general counsel function. As result the report provides provide you with:
- a powerful reference model of what your fully optimised function would look like;
- a detailed view of the critical resources that enable and drive function optimisation;
- an assessment of the presence and/or current performance of your resources;
- an assessment of the productivity consequences of your current general counsel infrastructure;
- best practice markers for key function features and basic recommendations on performance initiatives; and
- clearly identified and logical intervention/optimisation scenarios to drive function productivity.
This solution provides you the authority of an expert third party voice on the current performance levels and capabilities of your general counsel function in an objective and transparent manner. This makes it easier for you internally to justify the resources you need.
Critically, there are no ‘negative’ findings – just blueprint recommendations for your team to achieve optimised general counsel function performance. Our optimisation recommendations are intentionally pragmatic and backed by performance data that speak to productivity strategies that actually work.
This solution helps prepare you to pro-actively face the future on your own terms and increase the strategic relevance of your team. If you are serious about your overall legal team transformation, this is an essential first step initiative.
|Fully Delivered Function Performance Report:||We produce a detailed performance report according to our proprietary diagnostic and reporting methodologies.|
|Advanced Diagnostic Tools:||We use a detailed suite of online / e-format audit tools designed to help us detailed performance data from your team. You can select the diagnostic level that you wish to apply – see SLA below. We host the collection of the online questionnaire feedback.|
|Primary Data Sources:||Our diagnostic tools can be sent to any number of internal legal team members. Similarly, we can conduct variable numbers of one to one interviews with key internal stakeholders – typically legal team and internal client representatives. In both cases the solution costs dynamically adjust depending on your preferences. See the SLA below for our recommended parameters.|
|One To One Interviews:||Strategic and sympathetic ‘one to one’ interviews with key legal function stakeholders to ensure that their voice, concerns and requirements are factored into the overall report and associated recommendations.|
|GLS Legal Transformation Tube Map Modelling:||Our diagnostic modules draw from GLS’ market leading legal department performance analysis module – the GLS Legal Transformation Tube Map – which you can find here.|
|GLS Delivery Methodologies:||GLS deploys its own project methodologies that ensure minimal disruption to the workplace whilst obtaining maximum qualitative and quantitative data yields. It is a condition of this solution that GLS methodologies are strictly adhered to.|
|Written Report:||Our written report follows the same approach as any scientific findings report. We set out the methodology, participants, raw findings, finding interpretations and then offer recommendations on improvement pathways.|
|Report Presentation:||We don’t just present your report – we provide a 2 hour workshop to present of our report findings and to allow you to engage in detailed Q&A.|
Solution SLA Options and US$ Pricing
|Column one||Column two||Column three||Column four||Column five|
|Online Survey Recipients||5|
|1 to 1 Interviews (1hr sessions)||2|
|GLS Written Report||✓|
|Price (excl. VAT)||$9,999|
|Big Law Review||US Rate||GLS Cost||Minutes|
|Senior Associate||$640||$9,999||15h 36m|
|Blended Rate||$520||$9,999||19h 12m|
|Junior Associate||$420||$9,999||23h 48m|
GLS RPLV Legal Operations Score
This solution’s GLS RPLV impact score:
|Ease of Implementation:||Complex||Average||Easy|
|Productivity Leverage Profile:||Low||Medium||High|
|IHL Line Optimisation:||Single||Multiple||All Lines|
IHL Critical Function Optimisation Targets
This solution enhances performance across the following critical in-house functions:
In-House Legal: Critical Functions / Processes
GLS has identified 15 critical in-house processes/functions that are present in every world-class legal department. To learn what these functions are, their composition and how they interrelate to deliver efficient legal team performance outcomes - visit here.
Once your documents have been proccessed no more may be added. You will need to complete the checkout or refresh the page to start again.
Sorry, unfortunately document has more than 40 pages please send us an email with your documents attached..