GLS Dispute Manager™
A cost effective litigation management solution
Your business is involved in a dispute. It is a huge distraction, requires pro-active management and is always expensive.
Disputes typically come on top of an in-house counsel’s day job and represent a ‘black-hole’ in terms of outcome and expense (time and money).
Frequently, dispute management is outsourced to external counsel (who support by the hour), despite them not being best placed to effectively and efficiently assist with internal management of the dispute process.
Related challenges include:
- Even successful outcomes tend to be expensive - disputes always cost you money
- A dispute is going to drain already limited in-house resources
- Strategic resolution means key issues must be identified up front – time cannot be wasted
- Accurate evaluation of settlement scenarios are hard to obtain from external counsel
- Pro-active case management is vital but resource intensive
- Regular and accurate reporting to management is essential but time consuming
- External advisors must be managed carefully to control costs
- Associated balance sheet risk / contingent liability risk must be managed
- Every dispute carries ‘litigation risk’ (i.e. the 25-35% you cannot legislate or plan for)
A failure to manage dispute related challenges only makes things worse. Wouldn’t it be good if someone could manage it all for you and reduce related costs by as much as 70%?
The GLS Solution
GLS Dispute Manager™ is a complete solution to manage counsel in the course of dispute proceedings and to reduce costs, increase impact and achieve optimal outcomes – without undue disruption to your business.
GLS Dispute Manager™ provides a sector-specific extension to your in-house resources to allow you to better manage your dispute from within and bring the best out of your expensive external counsel.
Our highly qualified litigators are experts in litigation and dispute management strategy, process and procedure whether court, arbitral or mediation based. Their focus is efficiency, impartiality and strategic resolution.
GLS Dispute Manager™ deploys a range of tools (documentary, practice based and otherwise) that can help you in the overall management of your dispute / litigation portfolio.
GLS Dispute Manager™ provides you with access to the resources and capabilities typically only found at world-class global law firms - and yet reduces dispute related costs by more than 60%.
GLS Dispute Manager™ provides a total dispute management solution which includes:
- ‘Project managing’ your dispute internally (and with external counsel) – as much or as little required
- Conducting initial case reviews and providing executive summary reporting
- Formulating / defining an early internal dispute resolution strategy – and managing its delivery
- Identifying and rating early ‘commercial’ settlement opportunities, where and if appropriate
- Engaging in prompt pre-action engagement / dispute resolution with counterparties
- Managing your internal resources – identifying key people, documents and disclosures, budget planning etc.
- Managing / assisting in the selection of external counsel and identifying criteria for the same
- Negotiating and managing external counsel fee rates and invoices (a key cost saving)
- Providing active case management – and regular appraisal of key risk indicators and outcome scenarios
- Pro-actively managing external counsel to maintain focus on key issues and avoid cost blow-out
- Identifying ‘litigation risk’ aspects of the dispute – and factoring them into an overall dispute resolution strategy
- Providing regular ‘plain English updates’ to you and your team – and ‘how it is’ advice, not Obiter Dicta
We are confident therefore that we could, in minutes, identify a range of areas where we could:
- achieve demonstrable reductions in your costs (both time and resource); and
- deliver more effective (strategic) outcomes associated with managing your disputes portfolio
In addition, we would be delighted to provide you with access generally to the GLS Solutions Centre™ which provides you instant access to our range of additional productivity enhancing and resource enabling tools.
Please contact us to make an appointment for an entirely free consultation on how we can help bring massive efficiencies to your dispute portfolio.
Solution SLA Options and US$ Pricing
|Column one||Column two||Column three||Column four||Column five|
|10hr Dispute Manager support||✓|
|20hr Dispute Manager support||✓|
|50hr Dispute Manager support||✓|
|100hr Dispute Manager support||✓|
|Price per hour:||US$299 p/h||US$289 p/h||US$279 p/h||US$269 p/h|
GLS RPLV Legal Operations Score
This solution’s GLS RPLV impact score:
|Ease of Implementation:||Complex||Average||Easy|
|Productivity Leverage Profile:||Low||Medium||High|
|IHL Line Optimisation:||Single||Multiple||All Lines|
IHL Critical Function Optimisation Targets
This solution enhances performance across the following critical in-house functions:
In-House Legal: Critical Functions / Processes
GLS has identified 15 critical in-house processes/functions that are present in every world-class legal department. To learn what these functions are, their composition and how they interrelate to deliver efficient legal team performance outcomes - visit here.
Once your documents have been proccessed no more may be added. You will need to complete the checkout or refresh the page to start again.
Sorry, unfortunately document has more than 40 pages please send us an email with your documents attached..